Schedule for “Engaging Students in the Global Century: NYiT’s 2010 Interdisciplinary Symposium”
Friday, March 19, 201o
All events will take place in the 11th Floor Auditorium, 16 W 61st Street.
- 9:30 a.m. Welcome. Registration. Coffee.
- 12:15 p.m. Lunch
- 12:45 p.m. “Global Classroom: Lessons Learned from a 3-Year Curriculum and Technology Design Experiment in a Global Synchronous Course” – Ryan Kelsey and Ashlinn Quinn, Columbia Center for New Media Teaching and Learning (CCNMTL)
- 1:45 p.m. “Global Curriculum Approaches: Some Preliminary Thoughts and Cautions” -Laurence Peters, Edusolutions 123
- 2:30 p.m. “Encouraging Native American Student Persistance: A Comparative Discussion” – Richard Mosholder and Christopher Goslin, Utah Valley University
- 3:30 p.m. Closing remarks/Coffee